The ART of the START

In order to get over any mental block we must master the art of the start.

For instance, in order to get over writer's block, you should just write.  In order to get over writer's block, I should just write.  I should write in search of my idea.  Like a word map, it will create a web of memories, thoughts, and impressions that will eventually lead to something that I can use as the foundation of what will ultimately be my final piece.

But, I have writer's block, you say?!  What will I write?

Child, put pen to paper and let go.  No one tells the ink to flow from the pen.  It simply flows!

In order to begin, you must BEGIN...

You MUST master the ability to simply start... not do, not finish... simply start.  It's not in the doing or finishing of a task that our victory is won; it was won the moment we started.  

Do not seek to master accomplishment for nothing shall be accomplished unless one starts.

Master the ART of the START.

It's the journey of a thousand miles... one step begins it all.

Comments