Kalahari - Sandusky OH

Ever dined at The Reserve Restaurant & Bar at Kalahari in Sandusky OH?


PORTOBELLO CRAB CAKE
Marinated and grilled Portobello mushroom stuffed with a flaky grilled crabcake is laced with sauce remoulade and set atop sautéed fresh spinach, applewood smoked bacon and
sweet onion.

**This was excellent!  When we asked the waitress what their most popular appetizer was she mentioned the "crab cake."  Taking her for her word I did not look at the menu to see what else was in store for us.  Y-U-M-M-Y!**

Next up!  

THE SOUP SAMPLER
A trio of soups including Loaded Chili, Baked French Onion,
and the signature soup of the day.


** Their "soup of the day" was a Beer Cheese soup.  I found the Baked French Onion to be a bit too sweet for my liking... the Beer Cheese was forgettable... but the Loaded Chili was outstanding! **


 KING OF STEAKS NEW YORK STRIP


**This is my favorite steak and was paired with what were supposed to be corn chowder mashed potatoes (I'm pretty sure they were just regular mashed potatoes although they were excellent) and fresh asparagus that was cooked to perfection!  I don't like onion rings but I liked this one... the breading was wonderfully crunchy and flavorful.**

The meal was paired with a bottle of Cayuga White from Paper Moon Vineyards, one of my favorite wineries in this area!

 
Perfecto!

Comments