The Hope of Life

A fellow Academy grad from the class of 2002 died recently.  I know his face, but I did not know him.

I think about having seen him in the past and to now know the date of his death.  He came and he went.  His life was so finite.  He was 32... I am 33.

I watched a movie last night called Big Fish.  In it, Edward Bloom looks into the all-seeing eye of the town witch and sees the day of his death.  Knowing how he is to die affects the choices he makes in life and the perspective he has.  "This isn't how I go," he would say time and time again and he would charge forth into another daring adventure. 

I feel like I have a lot to give this world... through my art, my writing, and by leading people. 

I've said to my husband many a time, if God takes me I will tell him I'm not done yet and ask his permission to continue on this earth a little bit longer.  My perspective may change as I get older.  But as of now, it's time to get busy living... 

Comments