Out of the Mouths of Babes

Here are some of my favorite parent posts from the past several weeks:

Noah: daddy, check out the blood and scab on my knee!!
Hey daddy, where does the scab go when it gets better?

Me: it just falls off somewhere.

Noah: but where?

Me: I don't know man, no one knows

Noah: well...I'm just going to keep my eye on it forever....

--

Difference between girls and boys: Jaclyn (age 8) what is your favorite word? LOVE. Joshua (at age 8) what is your favorite word? BOMB.

--
 
On the way home from school:

Me: Austin, who did you play with at school today?
Austin: My four girls.
Me: Four girls?? Do you play with any boys in your class?
Austin: No, only girls.
Me: Why do you only play with girls?
Austin: Because they're beautiful. 

--

Annie went out in the kitchen and said to her daddy, "daddy I'm starving.....my tummy is full of hungry!!!!"

--

My daughter is hilarious, she says to me "dad, we're republicans, right? And the name of the other party is what?...... The demo.... Demonicans?"

--
 

Out today for a quick trip with my girls.  Adonia says, "Mom did you know that is a pond?"  I reply, "You're so smart I didn't think you knew that." She smiles content with herself then yells, "...and look up there, those are seagulls!"  "No babe, seagulls don't live there." She looks at me for a second then says, "Oh duh, I meant 'pond-gulls'". :-)  I just love her!

--

So my funny Mom moment of the day happened right after Cooper and I got done racing each other,
C: "We both finished at the same time!"
Me: "you're right! We tied!"
C: "Yes!!! Just like a shoe!!!"

Comments