Forgetfulness and Returning to God

Rafiki: Look down there.

Simba: [looks into a pond of water] That's not my father. That's just my reflection.

Rafiki: No, look harder.
[he touches the water; as it ripples, Simba's reflection changes to that of Mufasa]

Rafiki: You see? He lives in you.

Mufasa: [from above] Simba.

Simba: Father?
[Simba sees his father's spirit in the sky]

Mufasa: Simba, you have forgotten me.

Simba: No. How could I?

Mufasa: You have forgotten who you are, and so forgotten me. Look inside yourself, Simba. You are more than what you have become. You must take your place in the Circle of Life.

Simba: How can I go back? I'm not who I used to be.

Mufasa: Remember who you are. You are my son, and the one true King. Remember who you are.


----

"...[Edgar] Cayce was asked how individuals could become aware of their soul history and their records through space and time. His response was straightforward:

By LIVING the record! For when the purposes of an entity or soul are the more and more in accord with that for which the entity has entered, then the soul-entity may take HOLD upon that which may bring to its remembrance that it was, where, when and how. Thinkest thou that the grain of corn has forgotten what manner of expression it has given? Think thou that ANY of the influences in nature that you see about you--the acorn, the oak, the elm, or the vine, or ANYTHING--has forgotten what manner of expression? Only man forgets!"


----

"We return to God by remembering him, and as memory returns, each of us is restored to knowledge of the Divine."
- Deepak Chopra, The Third Jesus: The Chris We Cannot Ignore

----

Mack reached down, picked up a flat stone, and skipped it across the lake. "Is there any way out of this?"

"It is so simple, but never easy for you: by re-turning. By turning back to me. By giving up your ways of power and manipulation and just coming back to me." Jesus sounded as if he was pleading.

Excerpt from The Shack: Where Tragedy Confronts Eternity by WM. Paul Young

Comments