12 Rounds

Me (8/26 8:58 am): When I was a child Mom had us practice self denial. if we were offered something, even if we really wanted it, we were to told to say no thanks

Me (8/26 9:00 am): I think it is my most damaging limiting belief... I've been conditioned to believe that self denial is the proper path

Me (8/26 9:00 am): It's the Cookie Syndrome. At the hotel I really wanted 1 of those cookies at the front desk. U took one, I didn't becuz I didn't think they were for us.

Me (8/26 9:05 am): But I really wanted one... I actually feel the self denial in my gut... It feels like a pang of longing in my body.

You (8/26 9:05 am): I'm sorry, did not mean to influence u. So are we not paying guests?

Me (8/26 9:08 am): I gave nothing of value in order to feel justified in receiving something.

Me (8/26 9:10 am): I'm sure you would still have taken a cookie even if u weren't a paying guest. If u wanted it. And u wouldn't have given it a second thought.

You (8/26 9:13 am): Interesting observation, I will think on that......do you consider that stealing?

Me (8/26 9:14 am): No... Ur just not afraid to ask for what u want... I hesitate in order not to impose, seem greedy, or self serving.

You (8/26 9:17 am): ...do I impose on others? ...am I greedy?

Me (8/26 9:21 am): Ur not greedy. As far as imposing u are not always mindful of time... Either by tardiness or a relentless pursuit of ur goals...

Me (8/26 9:22 am): i.e. meetings that run late or interviews that run long

Me (8/26 9:23 am): But that's why ur successful... U don't hear no... Most people will just give in to u... U will wear most people down

Me (8/26 9:24 am): Most people aren't conditioned to go 12 rounds and u don't seem to have that switch that says "enough"

Me (8/26 9:25 am): U just keep going while the rest of us break.

Me (8/26 9:25 am): U win

Me (8/26 9:26 am): And I'm certain the thoughts of whether or not enough is enough never even cross ur mind

You (8/26 9:27 am): Thank you for caring enough to point out the obvious to me....I will work on improvement here

Me (8/26 9:29 am): U don't need to work on it.... It's just u. If ur pursuits were negatively focused people would eventually stand up to u and implore u to stop

Me (8/26 9:30 am): If u were actually a boxer in the ring ur actions would translate to hitting someone after the bell has rung. The officials would pull u off

Me (8/26 9:30 am): But ur not a boxer... Ur a businessman...

You (8/26 9:31 am): I know I am strong willed, strong natured...

Me (8/26 9:32 am): That's what we all love and admire about u. :)

Comments