Tissue Paper Rosette Kissing Balls

I've been creating!  :)


Now, my first one ever was the red ball above.  It took me almost four hours to complete!

I called it "The Beast."

But, I'm happy to say that the blue and white balls only took me an hour and a half each.

And that's because "A" I was getting better and "B" my husband helped cut the strands of paper to the length I needed and he crumpled them for me.

The tutorial I read stated you need to make the strips about 24 inches long and you can crumple the paper to soften it.  I DEFINITELY recommend crumpling.  It gives the flowers a nice texture and makes them easier to wrap.

The balls were made with 6" styrofoam balls (once the rosettes are applied they become 1 to 2 inches thicker), crepe paper (150 ft x 1.75 in), and glue sticks (hot glue gun).

For the red and blue balls above I used one and a half rolls of crepe paper.

The rosettes on the white ball were made thicker and tighter so I actually went through two rolls of crepe paper and was two rosettes short of finishing!

I found that I liked to stand while creating the balls because sitting didn't give me the vantage point or leverage to properly place the rosettes.

I also used a small empty plastic box (used to be a container full of paperclips) to rest the ball on so it wouldn't roll around on the table while I was creating the next rosette.

Be sure to protect your work station from the glue.  I used an old brown paper bag.

Anyway, enjoy.  It's fun! :)

Here is the tutorial I mentioned:

http://www.theidearoom.net/2011/01/tissue-rosette-kissing-balls.html

And the video to show you how the rosettes are made:

Comments