Faith is a Ninety-Nine Cent Belt

Last year I wanted a belt. Not just any belt. A black belt with a silver, rectangular buckle that would work with my business attire. I didn't have a belt but I was in business... so I needed a business belt. I thought about the belt, I imagined how it would look on me, and then I went out in search of the belt! As Johann Wolfgang von Goethe once said, "Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." And so I did...

I went straight to my local Goodwill store and there it was. A black belt with a silver, rectangular belt buckle just my size! And perfect for business attire!

10 March 2008 I wrote in my diary, "My belt is a gift from God... it is exactly what I had envisioned before going to buy it @ the Goodwill store..."

I asked and the universe delivered! But the key is I didn't just ask... I created a vision of what I wanted and I took action. Ladies and gentlemen, "We are still masters of our fate. We are still captains of our souls." as Mr. Winston Churchill once mused. Take control of your life by taking advantage of the power you have within you. Faith, my friends, is a ninety-nine cent belt!

Comments