IRONMAN Journey - Swim Success

There are certain things I want to remember... things that made me laugh along my IRONMAN journey.

This is one of them. 

Friday, 20 August 2018... text sent to friends and family... 

---

So, I swam 5,000 yards this morning... 

3,000 of it was non-stop.  

Before I started, Coach asked me how many laps was 3,000 yards... and I said, "60!"  

And he said, "Very good!" 

And I said, "I'm going to do 20, 20, 20." 

And he said, "Whatever." :) 

Anyway, I swam 3,000 in the same time it took me to swim 2,500 two weeks ago... 56 minutes and some seconds...  

Coach said, "You must have had a bad day that day you swam 2,500."  

I said, "It was a good day that day." :)  

But he gave me the best compliment when I was all done today, he said I'm ready for my IRONMAN swim! :)

---

My favorite part is when Coach said, "Whatever." :) 

Comments