Ah, Push It... Push It Real Good!

As I was reading Chris Gardner's book, Start Where You Are: Life Lessons in Getting from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be, I was reminded of a memory.

Chris said he is often asked "how it was possible to start a business in Chicago in the competitive business environment of Wall Street with only ten grand of capital going in." Per Chris, he "didn't know it couldn't be done" and furthermore "ignorance is bliss."

I agree...

Years ago my squadron had a formation for physical fitness several times a week. On one of these occasions we gathered in a parking lot in order to stretch and do push-ups etc. They asked us to "get down" and do as many push-ups as we could do.

I pumped out 72...

People were amazed. They asked, "How did you do so many push-ups?"

My answer, "I didn't know I wasn't supposed to be able to."

Apparently most women piqued around 40 push-ups or so.

As Jim Rohn once mused, "How tall will a tree grow? As tall as it possibly can."

Throw your limitations to the wind.

Your victory awaits!

Comments