The Joy of the Fortune Cookie

Ah what would life be without the salient wisdom of the fortune cookie?

Yes, last night I had Chinese food. It was good too... really good.

And as I opened up my fortune cookie, I held my breath in anticipation of the wisdom of the ages that was about to pour out.

My fortune cookie said: I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.

Hmmm... yes indeed. The cookie also implored me to "LEARN CHINESE" and spelled out the word for "Beverage; drink" as "yin liao."

My lucky numbers were included as well. My what an information packed little strip of paper!

And then I thought, why not double my good fortune by opening up a second fortune cookie?

Shall I dare? And I dared...

"Your efforts will result in much profit," it told me so matter-of-factly.

Wonderful. This is my year. Life is good.

I think I'll have a sip of my yin liao and reflect on my good fortune...

Comments